The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
Reports to: TBD
Job Grade: TBA
Location: Oloitoktok, Kajiado, Kenya.
To drive and ensure the safety of staff and WWF Kenya clients including maintenance of the organization vehicles.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensures cleanliness of assigned vehicle at all times when in use or otherwise and that the vehicle is in good condition before use;
- Carries out periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly and time;
- Maintains an up to date records of vehicle fuel, mileage and service costs;
- Ensures all vehicle reports are done on a monthly basis and submitted on or before the scheduled date;
- Compiles car maintenance log for every vehicle capturing all repair, parts, labour and maintenance details.
- Respects and maintains the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security;
- Facilitates WWF Kenya staff movement using the assigned vehicle to the field projects.
- Reports any incident that involves injury, damage to any passenger, pedestrian or third-party property immediately, in line with WWF- Kenya’s policies and procedures.
- Handles any emergency which may arise, including following procedures in the event of such emergencies including vehicle fire.
- Manages the process of applications and renewals of residence permits.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Basic mechanic skills
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Basic first aid skills
- Strong command of English and Kiswahili.
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands;
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multi-cultural setting;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Swahili;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are Credible, Responsive, Innovative, Determined, Inspiring and Collaborative.
- 5 years’ work experience in a reputable International NGO
- Conversant with the geography of conservation areas;
- O’ Level Certificate
- Driving license or permit classes B, C, D, E
- Certificate in Defensive Driving Training
Internal: interacts with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Heads of Departments and all WF Kenya staff.
External: Interacts with, Government Ministries and department, External Consultants, Service Providers and suppliers and Regulatory Bodies.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please Click Here to apply for the role.
Applications will close on 10th February 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.