The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
Reports to: Amboseli Chyulu Sub-Landscape Programme Coordinator
Career Level: TBD
Location: Loitokitok town, Kajiado County
Project Officer will lead in the development of an integrated rangeland management approach for the sub landscape based on existing best practices for rangeland management and support the implementation of the different Projects activities in the Sub landscape related to rangeland management, monitor progress and provide regular technical reports on the status of the rangeland.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate implementation of rangeland related activities of the different Projects within the sub landscape based on the agreed workplans
- Analyze and advice on best approaches for rangeland management arrangements including livestock and wildlife interactions that sustainably benefit community livelihoods in the sub landscape;
- Enhance the use of appropriate and sustainable technologies in integrated rangeland management across the Amboseli Chyulu sub-landscape;
- Implementation high impact rangelands interventions, through stakeholder participatory frameworks and community mobilization
- Enhance working relationship among the actors within the sub landscape implementing rangeland projects to ensure there is high impact results;
- Ensure timely documentation, accounting and reporting is accomplished according to WWF-Kenya and donor requirements;
- Participates in implementing relevant policy instruments on rangeland management at project level in the Amboseli Chyulu sub-landscape;
- Support relevant administrative tasks for the Project such as organizing project workshops, project travel schedules; preparing project status reports, and creating project presentation materials;
- Support proposal development as part of the wider resource mobilization strategy when necessary;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned depending on organizational needs.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree Range management/Natural Resource Management (Rangeland option) or related field;
- At least five-year field experience in rangeland restoration and rehabilitation methods within drylands, particularly on a donor funded project;
- Experience in quantification of rangeland ecosystem services and rangeland inventory;
- Demonstrated understanding of holistic rangeland techniques and their application in rangeland management;
- Good understanding of Project Management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of rangeland science through evidence of publications in peer review articles and other media;
- Good understanding of software applications (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, statistical packages);
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills;
- Experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating high respect cultural differences;
- Ability to work in challenging environments and deliver under tight schedules.
Internal: Interacts with All WWF-Kenya Staff
External: Interacts with WWF Network, Government Ministries and departments, Civil Society Organizations, the private sector, Service Providers, Regulatory Bodies and Other Conservation Agencies.
This job description covers the main tasks and responsibilities and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated to be undertaken proactively. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please Click Here to apply for the role.
Applications will close on 10th February 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.