The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Job Grade: TBA
Location: Loitokitok town, Kajiado County
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for implementing WWF-Kenya Strategic Plan’s Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) framework with particular focus on supporting Southern of Kenya Landscape (SOK) level MEL. The incumbent will take lead in the development and implementation of performance monitoring and evaluation systems for the Southern of Kenya Landscape. S/he will develop, implement and coordinate MEL activities and events within Landscape; support in monitoring implementation of the institutional strategy at the landscape level; and promote MEL knowledge transfer internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plan and system at the landscape level
- Coordinate and facilitate data management and MEL reporting at the landscape level
- Capacity building and provision of technical support to project staff and partners within the landscape on MEL
- Ensure quality routine data collection, collation, verification, analysis and reporting
- Coordinate baseline assessments and performance evaluation of projects
- Support development of MEL frameworks, MEL plans, work plans, standard operating procedures and systems for MEL
- Identify and clarify monitoring and evaluation requirements, including those related to specific project indicators, and update these throughout the life of projects
- Ensures compliance of all landscape projects initiatives with established MEL protocols, WWF Network standards, policy frameworks and best practices;
- Maintain and update the overall landscape indicator tracker for facilitating organizational strategic plan reporting;
- Contribute to the preparation of project reporting, according to donor requirements.
- Provide relevant evidence for learning from projects and at landscape level
- Ensure MEL results are used to consistently improve projects results and performance
- Assist in developing effective MEL guidelines and reporting systems;
- Support rollout and implementation of WWF Kenya’s information and knowledge management system
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- University degree in Natural Resources/Environmental Management/ Monitoring, or Evaluation or relevant discipline plus experience in M&E
- Five years of experience in a lead or supporting role on programme/project implementation, MEL methods and approaches within the INGO/NGO or similar sectors
- Considerable knowledge of computerized information system
- Knowledge in M& E System Design and Implementation at the project cycle
- Experience in use of learning frameworks, use of Stories of Change, participatory video / video testimonies, use of digital apps for MEL, social learning etc.
Internal: This post will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, works closely with Amboseli Chyulu sub-landscape programme coordinator, WWF Kenya planning and performance team and other staff.
External: The post will work closely with Civil Society Organizations, Government Ministries, Regulatory Bodies and Other Conservation Agencies.
This job description covers the main tasks and responsibilities and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated to be undertaken proactively. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
WWF-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please Click Here to apply for the role.
Applications will close on 10th February 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.